We’re Urgently seeking a Senior Buyer (Automotive Sector) – 6-month Contract – Durban (KwaZulu-Natal). The incumbent will be responsible for the procurement of consumables and services from suppliers, conducting site meetings for various projects, and liaising with various stakeholders.
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements & live in KZN will be considered!
MUST be available immediately!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all APRs are completed on time aligned to budget & support the budget creation process
- Challenge commodities cost & PEF cost through benchmarking and negotiation
- Conduct tender process and develop tender documents, where applicable
- Prepare contract documents, monitor contract progress, and award contracts.
- Ensure suppliers quality of service and product purchased
- Ensure quality of service to internal customers, user department, on time purchases and effective communication with the plant and the suppliers.
- Ensure all work is conducted in line with policies and guidelines, ensuring zero audit findings
- Visualize and present key activities and Reports to Management.
- Ensure timeously delivery of goods by suppliers, and support the plant with delivery problems
- Support suppliers’ induction, use of correct PPE, etc.
- Promote Supplier Development to improve BBBEE scorecard
- Sourcing of new BO/BWO EME’s & QSE’s suppliers to enhance supplier base
- Ensure that all BBBEE certificates are updated and submitted to the transformation team
- MSDS and SoC tracking for key supplier
Desired Experience & Qualification
- MUST have NQF 6 /Diploma or Degree in purchasing & related,(Commercial / Supply Chain or Engineering e.g., Industrial / Civil)
- MUST have Min. 3 years of buying experience in facilities & and services.
Package & Remuneration
- Salary: R26 000 per month
- Contract: Min. 6 Months
- Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements & and live in KZN will be considered!
- If interested, please apply directly through Pnet, LinkedIn or email us directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- N.B If emailing us directly, remember to insert “Senior Buyer – Durban” in the subject line.